CENTCOM said its forces downed drones in Syria on Monday that were targeting a US base
By Dave DeCamp, AntiWar.com
A Pentagon official told reporters on Monday that the military is preparing for a “significant escalation” of attacks on US troops stationed in the Middle East due to President Biden’s support for Israel’s onslaught in Gaza.

The comments came the same day US Central Command said its forces downed two drones that were fired at a base in Syria. Starting last week, there have been a series of attacks on bases housing US troops in Iraq and Syria.
“They’ve been under an increase of attacks for the really for the last three days or so at various locations,” said a senior Pentagon official, who was not authorized to speak on the record, according to Military Times.
A group that calls itself the Islamic Resistance in Iraq claimed it launched drones at US forces in Syria on Monday, but the US has not attributed blame. The Pentagon official pointed the finger at Iran due to Tehran’s support for Shia militias that operate in Syria and Iraq, although there’s no indication Iran is directly involved.
Recent Posts
Trump’s Thanksgiving Attack on Immigrants Likened to ‘Stuff You Hear Coming Out of White Nationalists’
November 29, 2025
Take Action Now “Completely identical language,” said one observer.By Jake Johnson, Common Dreams US President Donald Trump wasted little time…
Venezuela Isn’t The Global Threat, Trump And Rubio Are
November 28, 2025
Take Action Now Will the U.S. government push forward with regime change in Venezuela?By Daniel Falcone, Foreign Policy In Focus U.S. warships and…
Is The Democratic Party Embracing Bernie Sanders-Style Politics?
November 26, 2025
Take Action Now Maybe. Let’s hope it is not too late for Democrats to win back the working class and WashingtonBy Dustin Guastella, The Guardian…
War On Venezuela Is A Lie
November 26, 2025
Take Action Now The growing discussion of the responsibility to disobey illegal orders is not unrelated to this threatened war. The UK has reportedly…




